Marcello was a PhD student and a research and teaching assistant at the Faculty of Informatics at the University of Lugano (USI), Switzerland, from October 2009 to February 2016. Marcello got his bachelor degree in Computer Engineering from the Politecnico di Milano (Italy) in 2006, and his master degree in Computer Engineering – with specialization in Sound Engineering and Design – in 2009, from the Como campus of the Politecnico di Milano, with a thesis developed in collaboration with the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany, the Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK), Trento, Italy, and the Regional Center for Cleft Lip and Palate of the San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy.
Marcello’s research interests were in the fields of location privacy, information security, human-computer interaction.
He also worked in the field of sound engineering, speech understanding and speech disorders.
Marcello has been a teaching assistant for the following courses:
- 2012 Spring: Introduction to Information Security Course, Bachelor Level
- 2013 Spring: Introduction to Information Security Course, Bachelor Level
- 2013 Fall: Ubiquitous Computing Course, Master Level
- 2012 Fall: Ubiquitous Computing Course, Master Level
- 2011 Spring: Introduction to Information Security Course, Bachelor Level
- 2011 Fall: Computer Architecture, Bachelor Level
- 2010 Spring: Introduction to Information Security Course, Bachelor Level
Marcello has been working in the following project:
- PALS – Privacy-Aware Location Sharing (April 2010 - August 2013)
(2014) Children reading ebooks on tablets: a study of the context of use, Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction Fun, Fast, Foundational - NordiCHI '14, p. 975-978, New York, New York, USA: ACM Press, url, doi:10.1145/2639189.2670254
(2013) Back-of-device authentication on smartphones, Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - CHI '13, p. 2389-2398, New York, New York, USA: ACM Press, url, doi:10.1145/2470654.2481330
(2012) A privacy-by-design approach to location sharing (Doctoral Colloquium), Proceedings of the 2012 ACM Conference on Ubiquitous Computing - UbiComp '12, p. 580, New York, New York, USA: ACM Press, url, doi:10.1145/2370216.2370314 PDF
(2010) I'm Here! Privacy Challenges in Mobile Location Sharing, Second International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Spontaneous Interaction and Mobile Phone Use (IWSSI/SPMU 2010) at Pervasive 2010, pdf PDF
(2009) Intelligibility Assessment in Children with Cleft Lip and Palate in Italian and German, p. 967–970, pdf